Saturday, August 14, 2010

Memory Lane




Our granddaughter pulled out one of the dogs' photo albums last week to look at the pictures and of course wanted to know everyone's names, etc. I happened across this picture and wanted to share.

The picture of is of me (Oh how young I was! Probably 22 or 23. And thin!)with Lutzmor Dolsa Bo Jangles, the first dog we purchased as a show dog. Unfortunately, although he won a couple of points, he grew much too large for us to continue showing him. He was not too tall, but too large boned and built like a tank. I know when he matured he ended up weighing over 25 lbs.! We had him neutered and he was our pet. What he did was give me a lot of heavy coat to groom, and like so many "first" show dogs, gave me a dog to practice on and to learn from.

And he loved me!

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you. Bo was one of many who has blessed my life.

Joyce

3 comments:

  1. Cute pic Joyce!!I admire your breeding program that produced such a cutie like Tashi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute me or cute dog! LOL!
    Due to Bo's large size he was never used as part of our breeding program. Once I could see he was going to be too big, he was neutered. At one time, we had three Lhasas sleeping with us -- in a double bed no less: Bo, Buffy, and Fancy. One night after I went to sleep, Bo woke me, whimpering. He was on the floor, so I said, "Come on Bo, get in bed." No...he just stayed on the floor whimpering. Finally, I came out of my sleep-induced fog and realized that Fancy had gotten in bed before Bo and whenever he put a foot on the bed, she was ever so softly growling at him. Once I shushed her up, Bo happily jumped into bed and settled down for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!! (Cute you too! :D )

    ReplyDelete