While I have not been in the show ring yet this year, our girl Joyslyn Mon Ami Winter Wind, a Josh daughter, has had some success in her first two shows with her handler, Sue Cannimore. Her first weekend out with Sue, Winter took Winners Bitch for a point both days. She also took Best of Winners and Best of Breed one day and Best of Opposite Sex the other. (Note: If you are not sure what all that means, here is a quick explanation: Winners Bitch is the female that the judge chooses over all the other females entered. Winners Dog is the male that the judge chooses over all the other males entered. Best of Winners is the Winners Bitch or the Winners Dog the judge chooses as "best"between the two. (I know, grammatically that should be "Better of Winners" but that just sounds weird!) Best of Breed is the male or female the judge chooses over all the Lhasa entries that day. Best of Breed is usually a Champion but does not have to be. If a male wins Best of Breed, then Best of Opposite Sex is awarded to a female. If a female wins Best of Breed, then Best of Opposite Sex goes to a male.)
|Winter with her handler, Sue
Photos and Notes from Others
|Pebbles, sister to Millie. Josh and Bekka are their parents
|One tired puppy
|Biddy, who is a Luna daughter
|Lucy, the cream female from the recent Josh and Greta litter
|Izzy (L) and Ty (R)
|This is Eric and Adrian after they took BISS at the 2018 American Lhasa Apso Club National Specialty
|Eric resting after his big win Monday night!
- fanciers (people who are not necessarily into involvement in any AKC event, but just love the breed and want it to thrive so they support ALAC’s efforts through membership);
- people who would like to get a Canine Good Citizen title on their dogs;
- people with therapy dogs, those who participate in obedience, rally, agility, nose work;
- people involved with Trick Dogs, barn hunt, and Fast Cat and other lure coursing events; and
- those involved in confirmation (dog show) events.