Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blowin' Off Some Steam

To the tune of "It's My Party:"

"It's my blog and I can write what I want to, write what I want to, write what I want to…"

I can also censor the comments!

Just so you all know…someone "Anonymous" who dislikes CCF and David Martosko seemed to take exception to my last post when I quoted from the article where Martosko pointed out how an idea goes from unthinkable to public policy with the right marketing strategy and related that concept to HSUS and its current campaign against dog breeders, reputable or not. The commenter then went on to say, "Your daughter will read this someday and be ashamed…"

WTH???

I, with my fairly small readership of Lhasa lovers, am a dubious threat to any AR agenda. Note that I have only 12 followers -- and probably a few who read the blog occasionally without declaring themselves "followers." Nonetheless, in case no one knew it before, I reserve the right (1) to write what I want to and (2) to censor what I consider inappropriate comments. I underscore the right you have not to read this blog if it bothers you and to make a comment if it does. (But please refer to #2 above.)

Also note that all I did in the last post was point out who Martosko was so that the quotation I used from him would be placed in some context. I did not suggest we should all worship at his feet.

It's my blog…etc., etc.

And to the commenter: If you had left out that last sentence about my daughter, you might actually have gotten the comment published. And if you have an agenda, as you seem to have, get your own blog. They're free you know!

"You could blog too if it matters to you."

To better times folks!

Joyce

3 comments:

  1. I think the "daughter" comment was meant for me. It's part of the M.O. of the HSUS stalkers who harass me when they can't find anything productive to do. They've thrown that line at me several times.

    With Every Good Wish,
    David Martosko
    http://www.HumaneWatch.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David for the comment and for what you do regarding HSUS. As far as the daughter comment, the reason I think it was aimed at me was that I had referred to my daughter in the post that mentioned your name. The commenter definitely said "your daughter" not "his daughter." Cheap shot!

    And, Marsha...darn. I clicked "Publish" on your comment early this AM. My comment file has it listed as a "Published" comment, but it sure has not shown up yet! I hope it does. I appreciated the feedback! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to share a comment that arrived via email.

    "I HAVE been following this blog without signing in for quite sometime...thank you for voicing your thoughts and feelings about the demonization of responsible breeders. I am quite tired of the few bad apples spoiling things for most people. I am not a breeder but am thinking about it. I am quite smitten with my lhasas- but I'm not sure I have the stomach for the level of self righteous spew that comes with the territory. Anyway, thank you for your courage to speak up. And thanks for your informative website. Mary Anne"

    Thanks Mary Anne for taking time to comment! Joyce

    ReplyDelete