Thursday, September 9, 2010

Upcoming Show


How would I describe my mood lately? Despondent. Why? I can't quite say.

This week I'm preparing three of the dogs to go to the Des Moines, Iowa, shows. The fall shows there are always nice. The building is huge, the many rings are roomy, the weather is usually nice, and the many vendors make "shopping" fun. In addition, this is a show that has reserved grooming! For a few dollars each, a group of us has pitched in and reserved a large grooming area. This assures us that, even if we arrive late, we will not have to worry about finding a grooming space. Of all the things about showing, one thing that I dislike the most is the rush to claim a grooming spot. It's worth the money to me to be able to reserve a space.

Desi, Belle, and Walker are entered in the Des Moines show. Desi has been to fewer shows than Zach so I decided it was her turn to go. She is such a pretty mover. I don't care much for her coat right now and I wish her eyes were prettier, but perhaps the judge can overlook the eyes when he sees her move! We'll see…

Wish us luck!

Give your Lhasas a hug…

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

P.S. The photo is of Joyslyn's Is It The Wind, taken a couple years ago on her first birthday. Just looking at her makes me happy. She lives in Indiana now and charms everyone she meets.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Joyce! BTW the shorter days are making me sad :( But...I know how much Tashi loves to play in the snow, so we are looking forward to that :D. Good luck in the show!

    ReplyDelete