Monday, August 28, 2017

Latest Puppy Pictures, Sad News


Time flies, no doubt. I have been terribly busy at work, at home with the usual chores, and at home with the puppies and their moms. I'm hoping I'll finally be able to rest by the end of October. I have some photos of cute puppies to share this week. Apologies that some photos are not the best quality. We were crunched for time. Some puppies had just finished eating or drinking so faces are damp. Some were wakened for the photos and just weren't in the mood to look cute.

Josh x Shadow Puppies - 6 Weeks Old

Finn - 6 weeks

Georgie - 6 weeks

Grady - 6 weeks

Lacy - 6 weeks

Lucy - 6 weeks
How can I describe them? Curious. Playful. Noisy! Into everything. Happy. Sweet.

 

 

Rafe x Kimmi Puppies - 5 Weeks Old

Daisy - 5 weeks

Hunter - 5 weeks

Miles - 5 weeks

 
Copper - 5 weeks
 

 

Winslow x Luna Puppies - 3 Weeks Old

Two males - 3 weeks

Female - 3 weeks

Left: Male, Right: Female - 3 weeks

 

 

Sharing Sad News 



"A flower bloomed already wilting. Beginning its life with an early ending." ~ R.J. Gonzales 

Honey - 4 weeks - last photo

I am beside myself with sorrow, but felt I was obligated to share the sad news that one of Rafe and Kimmi’s puppies passed away Saturday night. We are not sure, but we surmise that she was injured on Wednesday evening by Kimmi jumping up and down in the pen that houses her and the puppies. I was later than usual getting home, and Kimmi was more than eager to get outside to potty. She was excitedly jumping up and down as she saw me coming into the room. I heard a puppy squeal but when I examined each, everyone seemed okay. None cried excessively as I poked and prodded to see if anyone was in pain. However, the next morning the little girl was very lethargic. It was obvious that she had not nursed as she seemed quite dehydrated. We went to the vet clinic, where she received fluids. She refused to nurse, so I fed her with a dropper and she seemed to be rallying a bit each day, but that was just me seeing what I wanted to believe I guess. Evidently there was an internal injury. ??? I don’t know, of course, but it is just so sad. Even though all the other puppies are active and cute and playful, I still morn for that little sweetie that we called "Honey."  RIP little girl.


Naturally, after all these years of raising puppies, I have had other sad experiences. Sometimes things just do not go as planned, accidents happen, illness happens. Fortunately they do not happen often — but to me, even once is too much.



That's all for this week.

Joyce

P.S. For some reason, I have been having problems publishing people's comments. I receive them but when I click "publish" they are not showing up. Sorry! All I can say is thanks for commenting and that someday when I have more time track down what's wrong, I'll try to fix that!


2 comments:

  1. Joyce so sorry for the loss of Honey. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgie is getting cuter every week however so are all of the puppies. I can't wait to finally meet him!

    So sad and sorry to hear about honey, what sad news to read. :(

    ReplyDelete