Friday, October 17, 2014

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go...



Oh, if only that were true! For the past week, my "packing preparations" for my trip to St. Louis for the American Lhasa Apso Club's National Specialty week have taken up three rooms as I've decided
1) what I need to take,
2) what I want to take,
3) what would be nice to take if it'll fit in the car.

I'm leaving tomorrow, so tonight's the night to pull it all together. Right now, all I can tell you is that I think I have packed more "stuff" for Josh than for myself. I keep asking myself why one little dog needs so many things. The list includes, but is not limited to, his crate, his 2 x 3, exercise pens, a grooming table for the grooming area at the show, a grooming table for the hotel room, the tack bag, the tub containing grooming things that don't fit in the tack bag, food, water, bowls, water bottles, towels, crate pads, shampoo, conditioner .... and more!

The interesting part will come tomorrow morning when the driveway will be strewn with boxes, luggage, equipment, and storage tubs. I'll attempt to fit it all in my car. I have a new car and this trip will be its first long journey. This car is going to have to prove itself as a dog show vehicle.

Other news: I received some pictures of Sadie from Carol. Sadie is a daughter of Rafe and Maggie.  Carol wanted to show me how Sadie's coat color is changing and becoming more red, as you can see in the second photo.


Last week I wrote that Raven was going to have two puppies. She had them on Friday. We have two lovely black females. I know some of you are waiting for puppies but both of these have been spoken for. The sire's owner is taking one and I will be keeping the other.

Here is a photo taken shortly after they were born. They are easy to tell apart since one has a white mark on her neck.

Here are pictures taken this morning. They are one week old:


Tonight it is back to packing. Most of the items left to pack are mine so that part should not take long. Josh is getting a bath. Oh, and I should mention that we are having a birthday dinner for our son and his family. Am I cooking? I am not. I made a cake about 11:00 PM last night. We're doing Chinese takeout.

I'm looking forward to attending the national. Josh is being shown five times: in the Monday sweepstakes, in the Monday GMLAC Specialty Show, in the ALAC Futurity on Wednesday, in the ALAC Regional Specialty on Thursday, and in the ALAC National Specialty on Friday. I am eager to see people I have not seen for a couple of years since I was unable to attend last year's specialty week in California. Over 100 Lhasas are entered. It's going to be a great week. I'll tell you all about it next time.

Wish us luck!

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!


Joyce



No comments:

Post a Comment