Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Photos, Article, and a Request





“If only one of the presidential candidates would make it part of his platform to do something about making Monday part of the weekend. I think he would get a lot of votes”
- Thomas Wayne

Oh yes, lovely Monday mornings! Why is it so difficult to get out of bed and face a new work week each Monday? A bright thing about my Mondays lately is that each Monday means the puppies are another week older and another week cuter! We take pictures of them each Monday so that I can post them here throughout the week. Here are this week's photos. They are now 5 weeks old. Max is the bravest and most adventuresome, followed closely by Mallory. He is definitely the trailblazer and she the follower. Ellie was content to watch and make sure that what they are doing was okay – until last night when she decided watching was no fun and she'd do some exploring herself.

Ellie
Mallory
Max
 
I know that some of you are waiting for information about Raven. We'll know more in a few weeks but right now she certainly looks pregnant to me. The puppies are due around January 27th.

As I watch my puppies grow and eagerly await the arrival of the new litter, as I work with my up and coming show prospects and take care of the "seniors" at our house, as I try my best to do what is right and good for my dogs, for my parent club, and for the fancy in general, I sometimes wonder where it's all headed. I happened to read a post on the DogKnobit blog, "Is the Dog Fancy at a Tipping Point?" that echoes the sentiments I often feel. Please take time to read it at http://dogknobit.com/2012/12/29/is-the-dog-fancy-at-a-tipping-point/. You don't have to be involved in showing, only in loving dogs, to relate to the article.

I've had some questions from a reader about allergies in Lhasas and what to do, so anyone who has information about a product or food that has worked for your dog, please send me an email at Lhasas@joyslynslhasaapsos.com and I will certainly share your experiences and recommendations in a future post.

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment