Thursday, February 16, 2012

An Upcoming Show, More Pictures, and a Movie!


The weekend is approaching quickly. I'm excited because my Shiba friends, Jane and Rebecca, and I are headed to Des Moines for the 2-day show. It's my (and Maggie's) first show of the year, so it will be interesting to see if she remembers her ring manners. I hope she enjoys showing as much as she did in December.

This show is notorious for a low entry in Lhasas, so on the one hand I was leery about entering. If I ended up showing the only Lhasa there then it would certainly be a waste of my entry fees since there would be no points awarded. On the other hand, I decided that the trip might be worth it just to give Maggie some ring practice before the spring shows. I waivered back and forth with my decision until inspiration struck. I have Belle! If you recall, Belle does not like being shown. She hates the lead. However, she is gorgeous and in full show coat, so at least she is a respectable entry, even if she is not the most show loving dog in the ring. I decided to enter her. At least that way there would be one point for the winner. Now I just hope that Belle doesn't decide showing is her 'thing' after all because I prefer that Maggie win! We'll see what the judges think!

As it turned out, it was a good thing I entered both girls. The entry on Saturday is 0-2-0-1 and Sunday is 1-2-0-1. For those of you unfamiliar with reading those numbers: The first number indicates the number of males entered in the classes, in this case, none on Saturday and one on Sunday. The second number indicates the number of females entered in the classes: two each day (Belle and Maggie). The third number indicates the number of male specials (champions) entered: none either day at this show. The final number indicates the number of female specials (champions) entered: one each day at this show. The bottom line is that there is one point available each day for one of my girls, and on Sunday if the male takes Best of Winners, he will also win a point.

Tonight we'll be grooming, bathing, and packing. I'm out of practice with the packing part and have lists and reminders lying all around the house. (Actually, that is nothing new or out of the ordinary!)

Griffin, 11 weeks



The puppies are now 11 weeks old. Griffin has been reserved and will go to his new home in early March after his new family returns from a trip to California. Rafe and Gabe are still waiting for the right people to fall for them. Olivia is staying here, so I will soon be trying to choose a name for her AKC registration. I may just go with something easy by combining something (i.e., "Wind") from Walker's registered name (GCH. Joyslyn Mi Toya Wind Walker) and another thing (i.e., "Dance") from Dancer's registered name (Joyslyn's Dance Sensation) and name her Joyslyn's Wind Dancer or Joyslyn's Dancin' in the Wind (on the Wind??? with the Wind???). See, it just is not all that easy! 



Gabe, 11 weeks
Rafe, 11 weeks
So here are the latest photos. I always have to laugh at them because the puppies get so irked when they have to stop their play and be still for a photo. They always look so "put upon" and grumpy — nothing at all like their usually cutesy happy-go-lucky attitudes.








Olivia, 11 weeks



The pup formerly known as Sebastian
I am also sharing a photo of Sebastian (whose new name is Griffin), taken by his new family,  and a video of Gracie (whose new name is Zora), also sent to me from her new family. 









The video of Gracie/Zora will certainly prove to everyone that her big "brother" Zeus (whose name when he lived with us was Zach) has a gentle, sweet disposition. I am so proud of him!





Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment