Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Close Call, Puppy Pictures, Updates from New Owners


I came within a couple feet of seriously injuring – if not killing – someone today. The someone was an idiotic young college-age woman. All I could think about after the incident was, "Oh my God, I could have killed another mother's daughter."

I was driving east on the 4-lane highway, known as West Jackson Street, in Macomb. A city bus was in the right lane. I was in the left lane, along side the bus about half-way back from its front end. It slowed and began a right turn into one of the many apartment complexes in Macomb, and suddenly, there was a car with two young women in it, turning left out of the drive the bus was turning into, crossing two lanes of traffic, and moving directly in front of me. (Evidently no one ever told the driver that just because a car (or bus, as the case may be) is turning into the street you want to drive out of does not mean that another vehicle is not coming in the lane you cannot see.)

My foot jammed on the brake pedal so hard it was touching the floor. My tires screeched and squealed and smoked. And, seriously, time did seem to stand still.

By the grace of God and an army of guardian angels, I was able to stop my car before it hit the other one. Had I hit the car, it would have struck directly into the driver's door. Another blessing: the car behind me was able to stop before it rear-ended me, which would certainly have pushed me into the girl's car even though I managed to stop in time.

And you know what…the little twit smiled, gave me a little wave, and drove off.

So…how's your day been??

After that incident, I need a smile or two. I'm posting the most recent pictures of the puppies, now 10 weeks old. We plan to keep Olivia. She'll be old enough to show at the end of May when Bloomington has its 4-day shows over Memorial Day weekend. I've got a short video here of Olivia playing with her mom, Dancer.


The three boys are still in need of homes. I've had inquiries, but everyone wants girls!

Enjoy the pictures.
Griffin, 10 weeks



Olivia, 10 weeks

Gabe, 10 weeks

Rafe, 10 weeks














I thought I'd share with you excerpts from emails I received from the families who now own Sebastian and Gracie (whose names are now Griffin and Zora):

"Baby Zora is doing well.  Yes, having such a young puppy is definitely like having a baby in the house.  She smells like a baby, she wakes up in the middle of the night like a baby, and she has to constantly relieve herself like a baby…She is also adjusting well, thanks to her new buddy Zeus.  Zeus overall is very happy to have her here.  Every now and then he gets jealous when she gets too much attention from his girls, but he is enjoying having someone fun to play with.  His hair will never be the same now that she is hanging from it and getting him to roll around and build static electricity.  Overall, the two are getting along really well despite their age difference. One of her favorite activities is taking whatever Zeus is playing with."

Just a note: The "Zeus" referred to was formerly known as "Zach" when he lived with us. He got to come for a brief visit when the family picked up Gracie/Zora. He was a total sweetheart and spent most of the time sitting on Lynn's lap in the recliner, always one of his favorite spots when he lived with us. He is such a sweet and pretty dog. He's made friends for the breed at soccer games too!

And from Sebastian/Griffin's new family: "We had our first (his second) trip to the vet!  Dr. Withers and staff couldn't get enough of him!...We had [family] over on Super Bowl Sunday and they brought their little kitty (14 weeks old) with them. You should have seen those two chase each other [and] tussel around... they were so much fun to watch and by half time, I think they were exhausted!! ....I think he loves the outside and seems to go to the front door to go out!…He's been pretty awesome on the potty training.  We've had accidents but he RUNS to the potty pads at either the garage back door, the patio door or the front door.....he's got it!  …The one new thing he has discovered is the toilet paper roll....WOW is that cool!...we are having so much fun with him and by the end of this week...we're hoping we will be more into the routine!!  He's fun to get up in the morning and fun to come home to......And you are right....nothing better than Lhasa love!"

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you.

Joyce

(Life is also good when you realize you could have severely injured or killed someone in a traffic accident and managed to avoid it! Thanks be to God!)


1 comment:

  1. Yay for Guardian Angels and baby Lhasas!! you have plenty of both :) fun movie too :D

    ReplyDelete