Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Let Freedom Ring!!



Happy Independence Day!!!


July is here already! June is behind me and I cannot say I am sorry to see it go. That month was much too busy and put way too many miles on my car.

My granddaughter Klara went along to the Kettle Moraine dog show in West Bend, WI, last weekend and proved to be a good helper. I was thinking she'd be handy to have around more often! We left Macomb about 5:00 am and arrived at the show 5 hours later. It was a nice weekend with some highs and lows.

The big low was that when I took Chance out of his crate to groom him, I discovered he had a huge mat down by his "little boy parts." I then discovered that the cause of the mat was the beginnings of a really nasty hot spot. Needless to say, he did not want to walk around the ring that day.

After the show, we found a PetCo and bought an e-collar to stop him from licking the area and making it worse. Poor boy. I had nothing but some Gold Bond powder on hand and that seemed to do the trick as far as helping to dry out the affected area. On Sunday, he showed better but still took third in his class. I was just happy he walked around the ring! Last night the area look well-healed, so we took off the e-collar since it was making a matted mess of his neck. Bad decision. By this morning, he had licked the area raw again! He's back wearing the e-collar!!

Speaking of mats, here is the link to an article about removing them.

Bekka showed well both days. Our best day was Sunday when she won her Bred By Exhibitor Class, then took Winners Bitch for a 5 point major (!! Hurray !!), then took Best of Winners and Best Bred By. She got a lot of pretty rosettes! Now she needs a 3 point major and she will be a champion! Her litter sister, Gabby, who has both her majors already, took Reserve. Gabby is co-owned by Jan Graunke, Karen Schlais, and me. I am so proud of both girls!

We had a photo taken, which I will post when it arrives.

Klara and I packed the equipment quickly because heavy rain was threatening. We were on the highway no more than 5 minutes before the sky opened up for the downpour. We had to pull over a couple times to wait until the worst passed.

Congratulations again to the winners: Julie Timbers,  Winners Dog both days; Michael Chang, Winners Bitch on Saturday; Kris Harrison, Best Opposite Sex both days; and Susan Giles, Best of Breed both days plus a Group I on Saturday and Group III on Sunday.

On the home front, the puppies continue to grow and flourish. Right now, I think all are spoken for. I am just waiting for deposits.

Daisy 5 weeks

Paddy 5 weeks

Laney 5 weeks
 Roman and Violet send a lot of photos of Shadow, a litter brother to Bekka and Chance. Here is one of them.
Seeing it reminds me that I don't take enough photos of his littermates at my house.


Have a Happy 4th! God Bless the USA!


Joyce




 

No comments:

Post a Comment