Thursday, February 13, 2014

Your "Awww...." for the Day








The Breaker and Windy puppies are now 4 weeks old and getting cuter by the day. They are up on all fours and moving, sometimes toddling and falling over; responding to the sound of my voice; eager to explore (much to the exasperation of their mother who tries to round them back up to keep track of them all); wagging their tails; trying to play with each other then just passing out in a big puppy pile; using the piddle pads, and just making everyone fall in love with them.

Besides that, they are cute as can be!

Here are the most recent pictures:
Two of the four boys

The other two of the four boys

The two girls
I posted the pictures on my Facebook page and received many compliments, especially on the consistency of the litter. It is great the puppies look so much alike but also not-so-great because I have a difficult time telling them apart. The black girl is easy! The gold puppies are not so easy to distinguish from one another. The boy with the long white sock is easy to spot. The others are going to need some distinguishing marks soon. (Maybe I'll finally have a use for that daring blue nail polish that I've never had the nerve to wear!)

Our granddaughter decided to name the black puppy "Cherry" (Black Cherry, actually). None of the others have names yet. Inspiration has not yet struck. I may have to start recycling some names!

Yesterday the university where I work was closed for the holiday (in Illinois, state institutions close for Lincoln's Birthday). I spent most of the day moving the puppies from the whelping pen, which they were outgrowing into a larger pen in a different room. They like the change! Their mother isn't sure she likes it though. The cat isn't either!

I hope the pictures brought a smile to your face.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

'Til next week...

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce





No comments:

Post a Comment