Friday, September 6, 2013

This Will Be Quick!





“If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” ~ Roger A. Caras


 It's been a crazy week. I don't know why.

Tuesday, Lila and Duncan went to training class. What fun! Lila is going to be quite a show girl if she keeps up the spirit of fun and liveliness she has now. Unfortunately, she will not be 6 months old until November 4, and there are no shows nearby in November and only one that we traditionally attend in December, so she'll have a long wait before she makes her ring debut.

Duncan is full of energy. Even in class it takes him a while to settle and get down to business. He dislikes being stacked on the floor and thinks that if I am down there with him, it must mean we are supposed to play, play, play! He is a happy, funny puppy. He is not entered in any shows either, so his wait will be as long as Lila's.

Today I am leaving for the show in Des Moines, Iowa. Rafe is entered both days and is the only Lhasa. As I said last week, this is his "swan song," at least until next spring - and perhaps longer - as we wait for him to mature and, hopefully, get excited about showing again. In many ways, I dread taking him to this show, especially after his poor performance in MN a couple weekends ago. I need to conquer my negative attitude because surely he will live "down" to my expectations if I do not. I am hoping that not having to share me with the other dogs will improve his attitude.

I don't know who said it, but I believe it: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."

I know who said this and I believe it too: Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

P.S. Here a photo of a well-loved Lhasa: Yogi, owed by Violet and Roman. Yogi is 10 years old and a half brother to our GCh. Ch. Joyslyn MiToya Wind Walker.



No comments:

Post a Comment