Monday, March 19, 2012

A Quick Photo Update

Dancer
The puppies went to class last week! I set up the exercise pen and intended for them just to sit, watch, get used to a different environment, different sights and sounds and smells. However, that was rather boring for me, so I put a lead on Rafe and -- wonder of wonders -- he walked as if he'd been born to it! (Actually, he was -- born to it, that is!) So then I alternated with the puppies and they walked and stood on the table. I was impressed! Being the youngest, my puppies were at the end of the line up. First in line was the Rottweiler until, of course, his turn was over and he came around the ring and ended up right behind us! I expected the puppies to be intimidated, but they were not. The dogs' owner kept him back and under control. I think he was more intimidated by the puppies than the puppies were by him. Rafe had a rousing romp with Kiara, one of Jane's Shibas, as they waited. I wish I had a video of that!

Gabe, almost 4 months
Here is a link to a  great article titled "Why Crufts Should Worry Us" from the Dogknobit website. Not only is the article good, but the comments are good too. They'll take some time to read, but it's worth it and provides food for thought even if you are a person not involved in dog showing. For those of you who do not know what went on, some background information might help.

I finally got around to updating the Joyslyn's website. This is how bad it was...neither Maggie nor Raven had a page! Three hours later that was rectified! I added show pictures and some baby pictures, which were fun to see again. I also posted  the one of Maggie holding her alien toy in front of her face. I love that picture. It's even funnier to see her in person as she carries that toy around.

Gabe, almost 4 months
Here are some recent pictures, taken last night. One is the latest of Dancer, who has recovered nicely after taking care of all those puppies. She is such a sweetheart. The others are of Gabe, who gets more handsome all the time! He has the cutest way of batting with his feet as he plays. I've been trying to catch it on video. No luck yet because he gets more interested in the camera than in playing. He's still waiting for the right home to come along. I tell him his time will come.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

3 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Dancer, she looks adorable. And yes, she deserves to be well rested and pampered for the rest of her life. She has paid the piper having all those litters and being an A+ mom! Wish I could take her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would not go so far as to say "all those litters" as she has had only two, but that is certainly enough. She is as adorable inside as out. A perfect home will come along. I am not worried -- or in a hurry -- about it at all. Thanks for saying she looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a enough for me....LOL

    ReplyDelete