Thursday, February 3, 2011

We Survived the Snow!

The view from our front door as the storm began.
The big blizzard hit Macomb! I am unsure if we got more snow or less snow than other areas that were hit in the huge swathe of the snowstorm, but I know we got more than enough!

The wind howled, the snow blew...our power did not go out. We and the Lhasas were nice and toasty warm. By Wednesday AM, it was over and time to dig out. Lynn managed to contact a crew to clear the driveway. The snow was deep, nearly up to the bottom of the cars' windows. The cleanup cost us $75, but that's better than a heart attack!  Some poor fellow in a neighboring town died while shoveling snow. He was only 52!


Our driveway once it was cleared.
The dogs, of course, love the snow. I kept the puppies inside Tuesday night, and they were wondering why they did not get their usual romp outside! By Wednesday AM they were thrilled to be out playing in the snow again. However, the temps were below zero so I let them stay out only a very short time.

Western Illinois University was closed for two days! I've worked there for 22 years and that has never happened before. Lynn and I enjoyed the time off. I can't say we did much besides play with the dogs, read, eat, and watch TV but it was a nice change from going to work. Actually, I did work a few hours both days. We are in the midst of writing a grant proposal so it was important to keep plugging away at the narrative. I worked on our taxes a bit too. So the days were not entirely spent sitting around in sweat pants and relaxing!

We have new pictures of the puppies. I posted them on Facebook and will post them here by the weekend. They are getting so cute.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you (and to cuddle with when a blizzard is howling outside!)

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment