Thursday, September 1, 2016

Puppy Pictures, Show Results, Adult Available


A puppy is but a dog, plus high spirits, and minus common sense. ~ Agnes Repplier

 The Latest Puppy Pictures - Five Weeks Old

Duncan and Maggie - the gold females
Duncan and Maggie female
Duncan and Maggie Male
Duncan and Maggie Male
Josh and Luna - Black & Tan female

Josh and Luna Male

Josh and Luna Male - He looks so serious!
The moms are starting to wean the puppies. Maggie is more "into" the weaning than Luna is. Of course, Maggie has more puppies than Luna does, and I think she is tired of feeding and cleaning up after them and is more than ready to turn those tasks over to me!

By the way, all the puppies have already been spoken for.

Show Results

Jenna, Greta, and I traveled the 7 hours to Lake Elmo, MN, last weekend to participate in the Twin Cities Lhasa Apso Club's specialty shows on Thursday and Friday and in the Saturday St Croix Valley show. We stayed with David and Marsha Susag in their motor home and enjoyed their hospitality. As part of her birthday gift to me Marsha gave me a jar of her homemade chokecherry jelly and a jar of her chokecherry syrup, bringing back childhood memories of helping my grandma pick chokecherries from bushes growing in country roadside ditches.

As soon as I could once I got home, I had to try the jelly on a piece of toast. Delicious. Later in the week I just had to make pancakes so I could try the syrup too. Again, delicious. I also experimented with the syrup by stirring it into a glass of iced tea. That was delicious too!

Jenna did very well at the shows! She was Winners Bitch and Best of Winners on Thursday for a 5 point major. This upped her total points to 11 of the 15 needed for a championship. The judge was Rosie Steinke. I'll post her photo when it comes.

Here is the plaque she was given for her specialty win, courtesy of the American Lhasa Apso Club. The TCLAC also gave her two really nice dogs beds as prizes.

On Friday, Greta caught the Judge Don Hanson's eye and held her tail up enough to take first in her class. I stayed on Jenna, who had also taken first in her class, hoping that the judge would like her for his Winner's Bitch and finish her. Unfortunately, Greta was unhappy that she was being shown in the Winners class by someone she did not know well, so her tail was down. Jenna ended up taking Reserve Winners Bitch.

Hindsight is always 20/20, right?

We didn't do anything but take first place in our class on Saturday. Even that was anti-climactic since we were the only ones in the class! Once the Lhasas were finished showing, I hurried to change clothes and pack the car for the 7 hour drive home. Once again, I was thankful for audio books and 5-hour energy drinks!

I appreciated Mary Rees bringing Belle by for a visit. Belle was excited to see me again (but I think she is probably excited to see everyone all the time). She and I had a great reunion of mutual admiration and exchange of kisses. As you might recall from previous blog posts, Mary bought Belle from me when I retired Belle. Mary and Belle earned rally titles, and now they are training for and running in agility trials.

The TCLAC members surprised me by giving me this plaque to honor Josh for being the #1 Owner Handled Lhasa Apso in 2015. I was very moved by their gesture.

As usual, we had a great time at the TCLAC's specialty weekend. It is always good to see my MN friends again and experience the club's great hospitality. The food was great and the raffle was fun, with ample prizes for all. I won a dog bowl and a TCLAC hoodie!

Our next shows (and the last ones until the National Specialty in October) are this weekend in Amana, IA. Jenna, Greta, and Josh will be shown.

Those readers who have never been to a dog show or have gone to a show but couldn't figure out what was going on, might get some help from this article about understanding dog shows.

Photo

On the way home from the MN shows, I spoke to Mary Kaufmann who owns Riley, Ch. Joyslyn's Wind of the Spirit. I asked Mary if she would send me the photo we had taken of Riley in her backyard the weekend she finished. Riley looked so elegant in the grass with Mary's flower garden behind her. Mary sent the photo and here it is.

Adult Available

As regular readers know by now, I sometimes have adults available that I have retired from my breeding program. For the girls, that is usually after 2 or 3 litters. I am now looking for the perfect home for our Windy, Ch. MLS Dakota Dancing in the Wind at Joyslyn. Windy is 4 years old. Some pictures of her can be found on my website at http://www.joyslynslhasaapsos.com/windy.html. If you are interested, contact me at joyslynslhasas@outlook.com for more information about her.

Life is Better When You Have a Lhasa to Love You!

Joyce



Best wishes to all for a safe and happy Labor Day holiday!

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment