Friday, July 19, 2013

Photos and Not Much Else


It ain't the heat, it's the humility. ~ Yogi Berra









This week has been rather hum-drum, except for the night we went to see the new Lone Ranger movie. Both of us are, of course, old enough to remember seeing the Lone Ranger movie when we were young children, and both were fans of the TV show. Ahh, Saturday morning memories....the Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, Sky King, My Friend Flicka...

Johnny Depp gave Tonto a whole new dimension! LOL

So, what I have for you this is week is nothing of any substance. Here are the most recent puppy pictures and some show pictures that finally arrived of Rafe and Windy.

Jethro, 10 weeks




















Lila, 10 weeks

















Hunter, 10 weeks

















Not the best picture of Windy, but oh well...
And, seriously, I am wearing a shirt under that jacket. It's a pale coral color and evidently blends in with my skin tone! LOL I may have to rethink that combination.
Windy, Best of Winners, 2 point, GMLAC Specialty, Judge Richard Miller























 Finally, a good picture of Rafe! It took us a little extra time, but the result was worth the wait.
GCh. Ch. Joyslyn's Inherit The Wind





















This has absolutely nothing to do with dogs, but I was reading a novel involving some courtroom drama and found some information that intrigued me. The expert witness for the defense was giving testimony about the unreliability of eye witnesses. He referenced a video on YouTube that made his point. It is a selective attention experiment. Watch it and be amazed.  After you have seen it, go to this site and do some short reading about the experiment if you have nothing else to do! ;-)

Windy and I are preparing for a trip to the Waukesha shows next weekend. The Greater Milwaukee Lhasa Apso Club is having a specialty show on Friday. I've entered Windy all three days and Duncan only on Sunday. It will be his first show. I hope he performs well. I'm keeping it a secret from Rafe, but he is not going. I hate the heat, humidity, uneven ring surfaces, clods of dirt and clumps of weeds/grass in the ring at that show. He doesn't need to be out in it. I go each year to support the club and because I enjoy being with my WI Lhasa friends, but I always question my sanity! I have a feeling Rafe's nose is going to be out of joint about being left home and hope he doesn't find a way to get even with me!

Have a great weekend everyone, and don't forget...

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!
Puppy kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment