Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Easter!

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. ~Robert Flatt

Happy Easter! You know that I sometimes begin my blog postings with a quotation that relates to my mood, the season, the topic of the post, or whatever seems appropriate to me that day. In addition to the quotation above, I also found another that hits close to home this time of year: I lied on  my Weight Watchers list. I put down that I had 3 eggs ... but they were Cadbury chocolate eggs. ~ Caroline Rhea


And (true confessions), I recently ate an entire package of Brach's jelly beans - even the black ones! (Perhaps I should say, "especially the black ones.") I seem to be able to leave them alone any other time of the year, but at Easter they call my name from shelves across the entire store!

I recently ran across Dr, Sophia Yin's interesting and educational website that has some good dog training articles. I'd seen a link on Facebook to an article on puppies and children and how to teach children to watch a dog's body language and thus avoid dog bites. So, I followed that link, which eventually led me to another website, and so on. You know how it goes. Anyway, I found the few articles I read to be interesting and hope you also find them helpful and interesting. Here's a poster that was on the site regarding dog's body language of fear:


Speaking of Facebook, if you have not already seen them, check out the FB pages of Lhasa Friends and The American Lhasa Apso Club. You might also bookmark the website of the American Lhasa Apso Club. It has some nice resources on it. One I am especially fond of is Learn About the Lhasa Apso.

Windy did well at class Tuesday night. She is now used to the environment, the people, and the dogs so has more confidence and less fear. She lost her confidence and went into guard dog mode when, about the middle of class, a newcomer and his Schnauzer joined us. She decided she did not like the looks of that dog and was determined to let everyone in class know it. She's a character! So, from the moment class started her tail was up and she did a nice job stacking on floor and table, allowing the trainer to examine her. She gaited well when no dogs were behind her and equally as well when there were dogs behind her. I hope she can transfer her learning to an actual dog show. There is one coming up next weekend so we'll see. Please keep your fingers crossed for her to show well. I don't even care about winning right now (OMG....did I really write that?!). I just want her to relax and enjoy being in the ring.

I have no puppy pictures to share today. This week has been so busy that my husband and I have not been home long enough together to find the time to get out a camera and deal with wiggly puppy boys who would rather be running, playing, and wrestling with each other than posing for pictures. They'll go with me to the show next weekend to meet the owner of their sire. Their personalities are different. Gus is the sweetheart, cuddly puppy who loves to be held and who is content to play quietly by himself if necessary. Duncan is into everything and enjoys running into Gus at full speed and engaging in puppy battles. He likes to be held too but then wants down to make sure he hasn't missed anything. To be honest, I am not looking forward to an overnight trip with the two of them! They are "all boy" and are the sweetest when they are curled up together in the dog bed -- sleeping! LOL

Even though I have no photos to post of Gus and Duncan, I do have
Snickers
one that I received from Max's (now known as Snickers) new family. He's enjoying playing with the family's twin boys, and the whole family thinks Snickers is the greatest! This photo was taken after Snicker's first grooming and haircut. He's a cutie. Look at that face!


May the Easter Bunny bring you lots of chocolate and plenty of jelly beans...and may the snows disappear and spring finally make a grand entrance.

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment