Friday, April 1, 2011

Latest Puppy Pictures

What a week! Tuesday night Whisper, Breaker, and I went to class in Peoria. Whisper got car sick and drooled all over herself so I dried her off as best I could and let her sit in the crate for a half hour while I worked with Breaker. He is such a happy up-beat dog. I wonder sometimes if he is all beauty and no brain! In spite of not being shown since he finished in October 2009, he was comfortable and confident in class and interested in all the other dogs. He performed well! One owner brought her rather large Chinese Shar Pei to class and the darn thing kept shaking, flopping its big jowls, and splattering everyone around with slober. Gross! We stayed a couple dogs behind it and missed most of the mess.

Callie
Dreamer
When it was Whisper's turn, she  acted as if she were born to it (which, if you look closely at her pedigree, she probably was.) Her tail was up, her head was up and she walked around the room like she'd been doing it all her life. Now THAT is what I like to see! Interestingly, we passed the little test I'd concocted in my head. Our trainer does a good job of examining the dogs and I was curious to see if he would discover that she had only 1/2 an ear on one side. He did not, even after 2 examinations. What that means is that it is highly unlikely any other judge will notice either. Later, when I told him about her mom nipping off her ear shortly after birth, he said maybe it was a lucky omen and went on to tell me about two top winning dogs of prick ear breeds that had had similar accidents and gone on to win Best in Show. Not that I have those high aspirations for Whisper, but I would like to be able to show and finish her!

In addition to the usual weekly grooming, I took a vacation day on Thursday and groomed and bathed Walker in preparation for tomorrow's show. Then I came into the office because our Dean was giving sort of a "State of the College" presentation to the Provost and I needed to be here for that. Then I went to the bank, library, post office, and a Weight Watchers meeting. Then I bought groceries.
Jake

Tempe
Once back home,  I  decided I would take Maggie, Raven, and Whisper girls to the show to give them some show experience and to let my friends see them, so I groomed and bathed all three of them. Then I decided we needed to take pictures of the puppies, but they were all gooey from wading in their food bowl so they got their first baths and first experiences under the big dryer.

I worked hard on my "day off."

Penny
On top of all that, our four-year-old granddaughter came over to spend the night.

Tomorrow will be our first show of the year. It's about time! I've been having dog show withdrawal! Wish us luck!

The puppies will be 6 weeks old on Sunday. Enjoy the pictures.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment