Monday, May 3, 2010

More Updates

In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. ~ Eva Burrows

What a wonderful month April was – especially the week of April 21- 28 for that was the week we welcomed my mom who drove here from Nebraska, our daughter who flew in from Miami, and our son who drove home from college. They came to celebrate our granddaughter's 4th birthday.

Family is so important. As I go through the routines of each day, and get caught up in the tasks and frenzy of deadlines and to-do lists, it is easy sometimes to forget that simple fact. Then there is sort of a loneliness that creeps in and a wish to be able to just hug my mom or one of the kids who live away from "home." With two of them away now, I understand how Mom felt when we left Nebraska and moved to Illinois.

Anyway, being apart makes coming back together even more special. We had a great time. Now that our children are all "grown," they feel a little freer to expound on some of the secrets of their childhoods and deeds that, at the time they were committed, I am certainly glad that I was unaware of what was going on! The stories, the reminiscing, the laughter, the traditions, the making and sharing of meals, the celebrations—these are the heart of family.

On another topic – Some news that people have been waiting for: we may be having puppies in late June! It's way too early to tell yet, of course, but the breeding has been done. Now we wait.

Mira's beautiful coat was clipped over the weekend. Lynn had to do it. I couldn't face the task. I'll get a picture of her and post it one of these days. I think she is enjoying the freedom a short coat brings.

Belle and I are leaving for a dog show in Wisconsin this coming Friday. The entry is low, but we are looking forward to the trip and seeing some of our favorite Wisconsin Lhasa people and meeting some people I've been corresponding with about a puppy. At the end of May, Zach and Desi will be old enough to go to the four Bloomington, IL shows over Memorial Day weekend. I have the entries for them, Belle, and Walker made out and ready to mail…but when I calculated the cost, I couldn't bear to write the check last night. Yikes! (All I could think of was "I sure hope they'll all walk or this is so going to be a waste!") So I'll face that task this evening!

I'll give you an update on Belle and the Wisconsin shows the next time!

Life is good when you have a Lhasa – and family – to love you!

Joyce

4 comments:

  1. You are so right about family Joyce! I love how you put the words together and make such a beautiful picture for us to share.

    Good luck at the shows. The puppies Daddy walked like a charm from the first time in the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the show and with the possible puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Thanks Sherri. I just got back from a 2.5-day conference in Springfield. It was great and quite educational but oh my...do I have a lot to do to get things ready to leave for the WI show tomorrow.

    Marsha...I certainly hope Twist's puppies take after their daddy and not their mom when it comes to their first show ring experiences. Secret was as stubborn as they come, outdone in my experience only by her granddaughter Belle! Thanks for your kind comments about the post. While I was at the conference Lynn got to babysit our granddaughter and she helped him plant flowers. He said after watching him plant 4 of them she knew exactly what to do. Wish I could have been here to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's day to you and your Lhasa mom to be :)

    ReplyDelete