Saturday, November 7, 2020

November!

 



"November comes and November goes,
With the last red berries and the first white snows.
With night coming early, and dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket and frost by the gate.
The fires burn and the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest until next spring."
~ Clyde Watson

November...hmmm...well the election is over. Thank goodness. We have a new president. What will the new year bring?

I have to say that the temps here in Macomb this week have been high and almost summer-y. What a nice change from the cold windy days that ended October. We are enjoying the warmth while we have it.

In the last post, I wrote that I would share the photos of Millie when they arrived. They have arrived and here they are. The first is of a Group 4 win at the Ft. Dodge, IA show.
The second is of her first major, taken in Jefferson, WI.
The third is of her Owner Handled Reserve Best In Show.



I was hoping to finish Millie before the end of 2020 but it looks like we will have to wait until 2021. I am very proud of her October accomplishments. In three weekends of shows, she garnered 13 points - including both majors, 6 Best of Breeds, a Regular Group 4, an Owner Handled Group 1, an Owner Handled Reserve Best In Show, and an Owner Handled Group 2. We have a show coming up next weekend but are entered on only one day and there is just one point available. Even if she wins, we'll be short 1 point since 15 points are needed for a championship.

Puppy Photos
Below are puppies from our newest litter. They are now 4 weeks old. The first three are the females. The last two are of the boys. Pure cuteness!






Links to Some Articles You Might Be Interested In Reading
1) This article explains how to get involved in the sport of dog showing.

2) This one clarifies something that a lot of people just do not understand -- how to tell the difference between a Shih Tzu and a Lhasa.

3) This link takes you to a Canine Chronicle article about Lhasa Apso attributes and priorities regarding the breed.

Photos and Notes from Others
I know I wrote "from others" but our Aspen was caught sleeping and I had to share the picture. She loves her toys!

Mickey wrote, "Devil Dog Biddy snuck out the basement door and was on the run yesterday..."

Theresa sent a photo of Rocco's haircut and told me how much he is loved.

Pat and Chris sent pictures of Teddy decked out for Halloween. They wrote, "He continues to bring such joy and laughter to us both. He has an incredible personality, is truly a clown, and sweet beyond belief. He is such a loving and outgoing puppy - we feel so blessed to have him in our lives. I have attached a couple of pictures of him "modeling" his Halloween costume. He's going as Cousin It, although in one of the pictures, he's managed to put a Blues Brothers' vibe in it. He definitely is a ham!"


Michelle sent these photos of Sunny in his costume.


Some Lhasas got to play in the October snow! Here is Sally's Ginger.

Ted wrote, "I wanted to share some photos of our new security system. Lucky normally sets up his barrier of toys prior to going down for the night. Very comical. Not too sure what he is protecting us from but he has a system.


Kathleen sent an update about he Beau. "Beau and I took a cold walk this am. He went to the groomer yesterday and we can finally see his eyes which makes him even more adorable. Here are some photos to show how he has grown and how he looks with eyes. He is growing up and continues to be the sweetest little thing. He is potty trained, walks well on his leash and loves everyone he meets. Everyone thins he is adorable and I love everything about him. I know his sisters are much beloved in their new homes, but I believe that I have the best of the five!!"



Lots of puppies seem to be getting haircuts. Betsy sent these of Willow's recent trims.


Joey, the tiny black puppy we had to feed with a sponge has turned into quite a character. Paul sent photos of "supervising" the deck clean up and of him trying out the treadmill and giving up when he could not get it to turn by using his front paws. 


I sure hope I did not miss anyone's note or photo. Mea culpa if I did! Just send me a gentle reminder!

Then There Is Archie
Archie has not been having fun at the shows. He is so happy and outgoing at home, but at the shows he has his tail down a lot of the time and just does not want the judge to examine him. It is stressful for both of us. All but one of the judges who have seen him at shows has encouraged me not to give up because "he is worth the effort." 

We are not giving up (yet), but it is hard for me to deal with him and his two vastly different personalities. So...on Monday evening he and I have an appointment with an animal communicator. We'll see how that goes! I just keep telling myself, "Life is Better When You Have a Lhasa to Love You!"

Joyce
 







No comments:

Post a Comment