Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year! Welcome 2020!


"Cheers to a new year and another chance 
for us to get it right." ~ Oprah Winfrey


First, I want to thank all of you who sent Christmas/Holiday greetings via cards and email. I hope all who are reading this had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the new year. 

Among my many wonderful Christmas gifts this year, were some Lhasa/dog items, which included the following:
A Lhasa-themed throw -- thanks Rebecca!

Lhasa Figurine -- thank you Marsha!

T-shirt -- thank you Connie and Mary!
You may not be able to read all the words on the t-shirt. It says:
Dog Mom
The reason
I wake up
Every Morning
Really Freaking Early
Every. Single. Morning

So very true...

Speaking of gifts, I got a new phone case before Christmas when I had no idea this one existed, so I missed out. I thought some of you might be interested. This one is very colorful and cute and, best of all, the Lhasas actually look like pretty Lhasas! (Thanks for the link, Jane!)


You can find it on Facebook at

Puppy Pictures

Enzo is leaving early next week. Here are recent pictures:


And if it works the way it is supposed to, here is a video of him chasing his water bottle toy.


Here are the photos of the Breaker and Jenna puppies at age 6 weeks.
Female 6 weeks

Male #1 - 6 weeks

Male #2 - 6 weeks

Male #3 - 6 weeks
Photos and Notes from Others

Mark sent a picture of YoYo, Enzo's litter sister.



Jim sent photos of Daisy. The second one just cracks me up! She must be quite a character!



Maria sent photos of Ella. 



Mary sent a photo of Gabe.

Here is Joe's Abby.

This is Jan and Rick's Zoey.

Sue wrote about Chewie: "He is also the light of our life. He's our little hopping bunny. Todd's playing with him on the floor right now. He's my cuddle buddy. He goes everywhere in the house now and I'm working on taking him to different places in town (Petco, different parks). He did well in his confidence class and we learned several games we still play. Like finding hidden food to practice using our nose or putting good treats in a box with noisy items to get used to different sounds. He loves jumping through the snow (what little snow we had). He also has a job. It's his job to run through the backyard and chase away the geese that are pooping on our lawn when there are a lot of them. He loves this and I need to send you a video. It's hysterical. Chewie running and barking and geese flying and honking LOL."

Here are photos of Chewie, sporting his Christmas outfits.





Molly Ann wrote a great poem about Luna, one of our retired champions whom she bought from us earlier in 2019.
******************************************************

*********************************************************************************


Luna
Molly Ann also wrote: "I am so grateful for this incredible dog. You are right, she is beautiful inside and out. She is sturdy, steady, responsible and soft. We flew through obedience with ease. She was all over the little "game races" in a class of over 12 dogs. But—when taking the CGC test she suddenly decided  she had never heard the word 'down' before —c’est la vie, we will try again. She goes with me most of the time & has her neighborhood "rounds" every morning. She is truly a blessing!"

"I tried to get her full name in her Night before Xmas parody, but it just would  not fit "sentence sense" or cadence. I presumed your eye would catch it, and it would not mean anything to anyone else, anyway.....

You will always be her  First Mama and I completely understand how difficult it was to part with her. She is incredibly special, remarkably intuitive, so very sweet, with an endearing sense of humor. She is not afraid of anything, eagerly explores everything and introduces herself to almost everyone. I sometimes worry she is too trusting, but I am always there with her. She has two neighbors who bring treats out to her, and another two that always ask us in and let her run around the house (as did the photography studio-"she's so good just let her down on the floor"). One couple asks if I  need to go somewhere, so they can keep her for an afternoon. She received a myriad of Christmas gifts-most not from me!

"It is always reassuring to hear someone say "Isn't  she a happy little dog" or "she is so good". To which I reply, "I cannot take credit, she was raised right". I may never get this written as she keeps rolling her head over the keyboard for more attention…."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you are thinking I did not tear up when I read that, you would be wrong!

When people ask me about my retired champions, "If you love them, how can you let them go?" and when I ask myself, "How can I ever part with ——," I recall letters like this one and know that my beloved dogs will still be taken good care of, will have good and full lives, will be well loved, and will love in return. That is how I can let them go.

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year, the ability to handle challenges that arise, the joy to celebrate your accomplishments, and the love of family and friends. 

Joyce

P.S. Never forget....




No comments:

Post a Comment