Monday, November 23, 2009

Not REALITY TV!

I confess to watching a lot of CSI, Law and Order, and NCIS reruns during my recuperation. A CSI NY episode last week had me both laughing at and chewing out the writers for their stupidity and lack of research.

One of the murders took place in the grooming area at a dog show. When one CSI asked another about witnesses, he was told there were no witnesses because when the show events began, the grooming area totally emptied out. What!!!???

It seems the murderer added a drug of some kind to the dog's water bottle, not to kill the dog but to goof up its performance that day so her dog could win. Instead, the dog's handler took a drink from the dog's water bottle and that drug interacted with her prescription meds and killed her. Okay. Plausible. BUT…the dog's water bottle, as depicted on the show, was a baby bottle!! Seriously. It showed the handler sucking on the bottle's nipple first, then offering it to her dog to suck! What!!!???

My dogs might enjoy chewing on a baby bottle nipple but I can't think of one of them who would SUCK the darn thing!

At the end of the show, two of the main characters were in the bleachers of what I assumed to be Madison Square Garden, watching the results of Best in Show and betting each other on the winner. The scene looked like the usual Westminster layout, with drapes and carpet and boxes with the breed names on them. HOWEVER, the winner was not revealed by the judge presenting the handler a huge ribbon and trophy. Oh no! Instead, a representative from some accounting firm presented an envelope containing the tabulations. Accounting firm? Envelope? The envelope was opened, and the Best in Show winner announced. WHAT!!!???

That was quite enough crime FICTION for me. Good heavens…I know the sport of showing dogs is a mystery to many people, but these writers were clueless. I turned off the TV, snuggled down with Belle by my side, and went back to reading a novel!

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce, what a funny episode! I hope Secret and the pups are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete