Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Myth of Sisyphus


The struggle itself..is enough to fill a man's heart. One must  imagine Sisyphus happy. ~ Albert Camus

Sisyphus as painted by Titian
Ah..the ancient Greeks. Their myths bespoke all aspects of people's lives and natures. They had a myth for everything.

Take, for example Sisyphus.

Do you remember the myth about Sisyphus, the guy in the underworld whom the gods punished by making him roll a huge boulder up a steep hill and then, when he just about had it to the top, sent it rolling back to the bottom of the hill, where Sisyphus had to start all over again? For eternity!

In spite of so many things to be thankful for, I've been feeling a lot like Sisyphus like lately—especially when it comes to achieving my goals concerning the puppies.

I'm usually an "every cloud has a silver lining" and "the glass is half-full" and "I get knocked down and I get up again" kind of person.

Yet that boulder keeps tumbling down. It's darn irritating!

On a lighter note, I should have puppy pictures posted later today or tomorrow.

Repeat after me, "Life is good…life is good…life is good…." (especially when you have a Lhasa to love you!)

Cheers!

Joyce




No comments:

Post a Comment