Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sick and Tired of Being Sick



“How do you feel?” she asked, trying to fluff his pillow. “Other than terrible, I mean.”
He moved his head slightly to the side. It seemed to be a sickly interpretation of a shrug.
“Of course you’re feeling terrible,” she clarified, “but is there any change?
More terrible?
Less terrible?”
He made no response.
“The same amount of terrible?”
~Julia Quinn, Just Like Heaven


For the past two weeks - now going on three -  I've been sick. The worst part was that I became sick the day my granddaughter and I left during Spring Break week to travel from Illinois to Nebraska to visit relatives. I did not have the flu. I did not have a fever. All I had was a cough—a terrible, hard, dry, hacking cough that would not stop. It totally saps all my energy. I dread the thought of hearing news that I passed this "thing" to people I came in contact with during our visit. And my poor granddaughter had to ride 8 hours in the car with me to and from Nebraska!

Many kleenex, many cough drops, many doses of cough syrup and NyQuil, and many miles later, I returned home and immediately crashed. The next day, the ladies at the clinic found a way to get me in to see the doctor. No sympathy from him ("Yeah, this stuff is going around." "We're seeing a lot of patients.")  However, he did proclaim I had bronchial infection, and he gave me three prescriptions (an inhaler, an antibiotic, and high octane cough syrup). The cough syrup did not live up to its reputation. By Wednesday, I had to go back to the office and just told everyone to stay away from me, which they were all glad to do!

Jenna, Josh, and I are supposed to go to WI for our first shows of the year next weekend. I have 4 more days to get well!!

Speaking of dog shows, I received the wonderful news from Greta's handler this afternoon that Greta took Winners Bitch today at the show in Ft. Worth, TX and won a 4 point major —an answer to my many prayers! She now just needs one single point to finish her championship. I am so grateful to Greta's handler, Sue Cannimore. Here is the photo Sue sent of herself and Greta after today's win. I'm hoping the official show photo looks as good as this one. Greta look lovely!

Joyslyn's No Regrets (Greta) with her handler, Sue Cannimore

If you are still waiting for news regarding our next litters, all I can tell you is that the girls were supposed to come in season in March. Nothing is going as planned. It is now March 25 and no one has come in season yet. 

Otherwise, I don't have much news. I do have one photo to share and it is a great one. This puppy is owned by Lynn Adcock. Her name is Amie, and I think this is a super adorable photo of her. She doesn't even look real! Amie is the daughter of Ch. Joyslyn's Highly Classified (Duncan) and Ch. Joyslyn's Moonlight Magic (Maggie). She was one of the puppies from the July litters. You can see by looking at this photo that she is full of personality!



That's it for now. I hope by the next post I will have more good news about Greta and can fill you in on Jenna and Josh's first shows of the year. Wish us luck!

Life is Better When You Have A Lhasa to Love You!

Joyce

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment