Sunday, December 4, 2016

Hello December...And Puppy Pictures



“It is December, and nobody asked if I was ready.” ~ Sarah Kay


The busy-ness of December has begun. Since I last wrote, I've been Christmas shopping at least three times, wrapped gifts in preparation for sending them to family who live out of state, driven a 6 hour round trip to watch our granddaughter play violin in her 5th grade Christmas program, attended a kennel club Christmas party, driven to Iowa to meet a friend so we could evaluate her litter of Rafe puppies, and fought off a cold. Oh...and I also went back to the office to work after having a nice long Thanksgiving break.

I don't know how I do it either. Habit I guess.

December is definitely here! We woke up to snow this morning. It was a beautiful Christmas-type snow: Big wet flakes drifting straight down, covering everything about 3 inches.

Yuk! I am not a fan of snow.

The puppies were three weeks old on Friday. Here are today's photos.

Black Female

Black female #2

Gold Female

Gold Male

I received an email asking for advice for a family who has a young Lhasa who suddenly developed a fear of storms or really any windy weather. I did not have much advice from personal experience (for which I am very grateful) so I turned to friends on Facebook, posting the information on the Lhasa Friends page as well as my own page. Many people recommended essential oils, the Thundershirt alone or with essential oils, valium, CBD oil (available from Amazon or marijuana sites), BlackWing Farms' products, lavender oil infusers, lavender oil on a bandana that is put on the dog's collar, turning on a radio. There were a lot of good ideas, all worth a try. I hope they are able to help the family's Lhasa.

More puppy photos next week.

Life is Better When You Have A Lhasa to Love You!

Joyce




 

1 comment:

  1. Tashi hates storms. He shakes but makes it through them okay. He has outgrown his really big fear of them. He hates fireworks the most. Mira is okay with both!

    ReplyDelete