Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sharing A Smile


A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it.  ~Author Unknown

A friend sent me an email filled with pictures labeled "unusual flowers." What you see above is one of those pictures. Although the flowers are indeed strange, seeing this picture made me chuckle. I could not help but wonder if they were real or PhotoShopped. Then I decided it did not matter. Seeing them made me smile. I hope the picture brightened your day too!

Many changes are underway at our house. You know, of course, that all Windy's puppies but Josh have left. Over the weekend, Lila's new family came to pick her up. Things are going well with Lila in her new home. I get great reports that make me laugh because I can just "see" her and the antics being described. 

This weekend Henri, an Affenpinscher, is coming to stay for a while. I've had Lhasa Apsos my entire adult life, so Henri's being here is going to be an adventure. 

Finally, I had a "free" Tuesday night and was able to take Josh to a class. We went to a new venue and had a nice time meeting people, socializing, and learning. Josh was calm and got a lot of attention. Numerous people held him and fussed over him. He ate it up. All the other dogs there were bigger so we hung back and did table work once all the older, larger dogs had had a turn. Josh stood like a rock, let the trainer look at his teeth, and wagged his tail happily. He loves people.

When it came to walking on a lead, I just practiced with him away from the other dogs. He did very well and I went home knowing the trip to class had not been wasted. The journey has begun...

Maggie's babies had their first car ride and their first vet visit earlier this week. They all had baths in preparation for their big day, and all received lots of oohs and awws from people who saw them.

Here are the latest pictures:

Andy - 8 weeks

 
Bailey - 8 weeks


 
Sadie - 8 weeks


Magoo - 8 weeks

I also received pictures from friends who have our dogs.

This first one, of Yogi, is from Roman and Violet. He's chillin' out beside his new Easter toy. Yogi is a half brother to our Walker.


Judy sent this one  of Maggie and Raven's litter sister, Whisper. Whisper is cool and comfortable in the California son, sporting a lovely new Easter dress.

Mary sent me an animated JibJab Easter card that had pictures of her Lhasas' and Rag Doll cats' faces on the characters. Hilarious. I grabbed a screen shot to share. The "bunny" on the left is Belle, a Walker daughter and half sister to Rafe. She's dancing with Moka.




Our next show is coming up in May. Can't wait!


Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!


Joyce








Another strange flower:





No comments:

Post a Comment