Friday, December 20, 2019

Merry Christmas!





"For somehow, not only at Christmas,
but all the long year through,
the joy that you give to others
is the joy that comes back to you."
~John Greenleaf Whittier

Christmas is approaching quickly but, except for a huge and expensive grocery run today, things are ready at the Johanson house. My 13-year-old granddaughter is coming a few days early. We'll be baking together (if I can get her away from her phone, that is!)

Thoughts of last week are blurry. The days flew by quickly. I left home at 5:30 AM on the 10th for the trip to Orlando, where I was giving the the judges' education seminar on the Lhasa Apso during AKC's National Championship Show week. I met my friend Sandy near St. Louis and she traveled with me to help navigate and to assist with the seminar. We arrived in the late afternoon on the 11th, gave the seminar on the 12th, left on the 13th (got stuck 2.5 hours in traffic south of Atlanta) then hit rush hour traffic even on the Atlanta by-pass, then hit rain all the way to Chattanooga. Ugh! I arrived home on the 14th about 7:00 PM. The scary part was that I was so tired I had no idea how I made the last hour and half. I told my husband the angels must have been driving. Even a Red Bull had no effect. 

I have become passionate about judges' education and really enjoy giving the seminar, answering questions, and helping judges understand the Lhasa Apso. 

Photos of the Puppies

Since I did not post photos of the puppies at 4 weeks old last week, I decided to show you how much they have changed in just a week. So below are photos of each at 4 weeks and 5 weeks.

Female at 4 weeks

Female at 5 weeks
Male #1 at 4 weeks

Male #1 at 5 weeks
Male #2 at 4 weeks

Male #2 at 5 weeks

Male #3 at 4 weeks


Male #3 at 5 weeks
Cute, right?

Below are some candid shots of the puppies. They all have new homes waiting for them. I hope their people are buying early Christmas presents - beds, bowls, treats, toys - in preparation for bringing their puppies home later in January.













Jenna kept photo bombing so I finally just took a picture of her and she was happy.

Jenna


And here is a picture of Enzo. His favorite toy is a crushed plastic water bottle. He plays soccer with it, throws it and chases it, carries it around, plays fetch, and crunches it -- all under supervision of course!
Enzo - almost 14 weeks
Notes and Photos from Others

Marilyn wrote, "Maci and Hunter wish you and Lynn and your family a very merry Christmas. I’m sure Hunter is wondering if he is on the naughty or nice list, while Maci is hoping Santa brings her something Hunter doesn’t like!!"

Kathy wrote from New York, "Below is a photo I took of Jampa this morning.  He's looking pretty unkempt, but happy with his "Mr. Red Bear"! When he wants me to play, he carries the bear from the living room to the kitchen and stands and looks at me, then turns around and trots back into the living room.  If that doesn't work, he comes back and lays on my feet until I get up.  If he doesn't have the bear with him.  He knows "Go get Mr. Red Bear" and brings it to me to play.  He's very smart! :-)"

Jampa with "Mr. Red Bear"
Janet wrote about Pebbles, who happens to be Jampa's litter sister: "Sorry it’s been a little while since I sent you an update on Pebbles.. We have been very busy.. First picture is of course (how ADORABLE) Is her First Christmas. I had them taken at our local Vet. I’ve never had pictures taken before of our dogs but I couldn’t resist and neither could the girls at the vet. 2nd picture is just because she is cute and she is very proud of learning the down command. The third picture is to show how much she has grown.. We tried to catch the same pose as the first day we had her.  I would also like to let you know that Pebbles has done very well with her training classes. She passed the first round no problem.. We then started the AKC Canine Good Citizen training.. We BOTH learned SOOOOOO much. And I am very proud to say that Saturday we took our test and she passed.  She did great on all the hard stuff and the easy sit and down(which she can do in her sleep) almost got us😂😂. We were on our final try..Mike and I laughed and said “THATS A LHASA FOR YOU!!”

Hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Great New Year.."

Pebbles
A third littermate is Judy's Gus. Here he is with Santa.
Gus and Santa
Colleen wrote, "Biscuit is doing really well.  She is just a joy to be with.  She's so energetic and spunky, but then she'll cuddle up nicely at the drop of a hat.  She's really growing fast, enjoys being outside in the cooler weather, and gets super wild in the snow.  She's bonding so nicely with everyone in the family, and she really seems to be settling in perfectly."
Biscuit (she is Enzo's litter sister)
And just when I needed a "pick me up," I received this from Kathy in Missouri: "Just a quick email to wish you and your family (human and canine) a wonderful Christmas and a 2020 filled with life’s many blessings.  You are certainly a remarkable person.  Most of us would like to leave behind a legacy that says, “She made a real, positive difference in so many lives.”  You have truly succeeded in doing that—both through your teaching career and your providing Lhasa love to so many people.  You should be very proud.  I know all this would not have been possible without the help and support of your very special husband, Lynn.  Applause to him, as well!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!"

Thanks again, Kathy! 

Thanks to all of you who read the blog, to those who have trusted us to provide them with their family Lhasas, and to those who continue to promote the Lhasa Apso. May you all have a blessed holiday season, no matter how you celebrate.





Joyce!










No comments:

Post a Comment