Monday, October 9, 2017

In A Rush






 Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~ Carol Bishop Hipps


I am indeed in a rush, not even taking time to really enjoy the lovely October weather we have been having in our part of the country. The reason, of course, involves preparations for our national specialty since in less than a week now the dogs and I have to be ready to go. I have two pages of a "don't forget to pack this" list and a list of clothes and shoes for each day there. If that sounds highly organized, forget it. I feel so disorganized right now that I am not quite sure what to pack first or how it is all ever going to fit in my car.

I'll try to remember to take pictures so you can see if I've accomplished what I set out to do.

I'm including puppy photos. Some puppies left last weekend. We have one puppy left  (Hunter) from the Rafe and Kimmi litter. At first I was going to sell him, then I decided to keep him, then someone begged me to sell him and only him to her so I decided to sell him because she has been on the waiting list for a long time and I intend to keep a puppy from Luna's litter. Then she changed her mind and now I want to keep him because he so do darn cute, but I have to be strong. I cannot keep them all. He needs a home. He is again for sale! So if you are looking for an adorable gold male puppy...


Hunter, age 11 weeks

 Luna's puppies have all been spoken for and will go to new homes once I return from the Specialty. The boys all have new names.


This is Beethoven, who used to be Griffin

This is Chance, who used to be Linc. He might be a keeper.

This is Shadow, who used to be Chase

 
Dottie - headed for a show home.


Bekka - definitely a keeper

 Some Notes from Others

From Miranda about Georgie: "Georgie is amazing! He loves his mommy and his new home! He already knows how to sit and shake. His potty training is going great as well. He's such a smart/good puppy! He's getting along great with Briggsley and Snickers. They don't really want much to do with him though. However I took him to my aunts house yesterday and he met Zeke for the first time and they got along great they were playing the entire time I was there." (Joyce’s note: Briggsley, Snickers, and Zeke are also Joyslyn’s Lhasas!)

From Lori about Finn: "Finn had a better night!  I left a radio on for him, which might have helped. He fussed for just a few minutes at first -- in fact, I didn't even have time to get my ear plugs in before he stopped :-)  Then a few times during the night, but not for long. I totally get what you mean about boys having sweet personalities. This little guy is an absolute heart melter! I can see that he's going to be such a cool dog when he gets older -- but I'm loving our puppy time."

Finn - "Don't be takin' my picture!"


Finn ...one tired puppy!

Rob told me that they re-named Lucy "Meimei," (pronounced "may may") which means "little sister" in Chinese. He sent me some cute photos. Here are two of them."

Meimei

Meimei


Diane wrote about Copper: "He was content on the ride home. Once home he went in and out of the kennel with a few toys. He explored and played. He was excited with the blanket you sent for him...Today he met people at a couple pet stores and was comfortable being handled. He loves to lay up by our necks to take a snooze. No name decision yet, but Coppers growing on us!"

Copper
 
Copper



From Rita about Penny: "…she is not only  independent but commanding as well, and lets us know it. … Our life has changed, the cellphone use has reduced and we are loving it. Despite of having to leave with strangers Penny did well on day one. She seemed comfortable with her "House"/play pen and bed etc. … On day 2 Penny got the lay of the land of the patio and the living room She could find her way to the Patio from inside the house.. Day three…she was following me around and tugging at my skirt and needed to stay in place. After a while she got bored waiting on me/sitting and went running all the way to living room bring her duck back to kitchen to play...At bed time the only demand she seems to make is seeing all three of us before the lights-out. We have her crate in the bed room next to the bed...She certainly is a fast learner…Penny seems to be very athletic and can climb in and out of beds etc. This evening she enjoyed  hunting and chewing on her toys while spread out in the living room."


Penny

I also received this nice email from Steve and Chuck: "One year ago today we were in your house looking at the most wonderful puppies in the world.  We chose Cooper and we are so happy.  I have no words to explain the joy of coming home to a puppy boy that acts like you were gone for years and returned. Thanks so much for all you do to bring Puppy love to your puppy parents. Cooper is a happy Boy... He has Kittens, Chickens, and Geese that all think he is awesome...Not to mention his Dads."

Cooper


Our Shadow, Onyx's mom, left for her new home on Saturday. She went to Indiana to live with my friend Jill and her Lhasa Cruiser. Jill wrote that Cruiser and Shadow are good friends already and that Shadow settled in quickly and that she loves Shadow, who has helped heal the gap left when her last Lhasa female passed away. Here is Shadow making herself at home in Jill's chair.


Ch. Cozmos Chiennoir, AKA Shadow, comfy in her new home



Totally Unrelated

Here is a photo taken of me blowing snake bubbles to impress my 3 year old grandson and 2 year old great niece when I was in Nebraska for Mom's birthday celebration last month. Are you impressed? They were -- for about a minute!  LOL



If you also want to impress friends, family, and children with your bubble blowing skills, here is how you do it:

1) Cut around an empty water bottle about 3-4 inches from the top of its mouth.
2) Put a washcloth (the older the better because the weave is looser) around the large open bottom and rubber band it to hold it in place.
3) Poor some bubble juice into a bowl.
4) Dip the wash cloth in bubble juice.
5) Put the neck end of the water bottle to your mouth and blow!

Ta-Da! Snake bubbles!  Have fun.

Life is Better When You Have A Lhasa to Love You!

Joyce

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment