Sunday, June 25, 2017

I Must Be Crazy!



Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun. ~ Brian Wilson


I hope your June has gone well and has indeed been the beginning of a summer of sun and fun. While I did not go to Disneyland, I recently went to our town carnival with my 11 year old granddaughter and one of her friends. Now, I have always been a fan of carnival rides. The Octopus, the Tilt-A-Whirl, the Scrambler were favorites in my teen years and have remained so. My husbands dislikes carnival rides so we never have gone to theme parks or even rides at our town's carnivals. Our kids attended but, seriously, who wants to go on carnival rides with their mom? Then our granddaughter came along and when she was 8, she and I started going on some of the fast rides together and had great fun. For the last 2 years after she and her parents moved to Iowa, I've not attended the carnival here. But this year she was visiting during carnival week, so I was excited to have the chance to go on carnival rides again. I must be crazy! I did not see any other 65 year old grandmothers on the Tornado or the Turbo Scrambler (OMG!!) or the Ali Baba. Obviously, those women were saner than I. Battered, bruised (that Scrambler was turbo-charged), and wondering if I was going to pass out or puke, I survived. I think "never again" was uttered a few times. Getting old sucks!

Now some news and photos about Lhasas:

Lynn sent a photo of Amie. She’s adorable. Her sire was our Duncan (Ch. Joyslyn’s Highly Classified) and Maggie (Ch. Joyslyn’s Moonlight Magic). 

We've been to one dog show this month. I took Jenna, Onyx, and Josh to the show in Ft. Dodge, IA. Jenna carried her tail up, and that seemed like a win after so many shows of it being down. Onyx took Winners Bitch both days and Best of Winners one day. Josh took Best Opposite Sex both days. Thanks to Ronnie Crowder for taking her back in the ring so I could show Josh. Here is Onyx with her weekend of ribbons. She earned two points and now has three toward her championship. She was quite a showgirl. We had a great time staying with Karen and Jan in Jan's motor home. Congrats to Karen and Jan for their Mo's BOB wins and group placements!

Josh and Onyx are entered in shows in West Bend, WI, next weekend. Jenna is staying home.

According to the Canine Chronicle's stats through May 31, Josh is #7 in Breed points and #3 Owner-Handled Lhasa.

These photos are of Dalai. She was the apple of her owners’ eyes. Sadly, both died a few years ago and Dalai went to live with their neighbors, who had often been dog sitters for her when her owners had to be away and could not take her with them. The first photo was taken when she was a young girl and her original owners took her with them to Branson many years ago. Dalai’s groomer, Sally, keeps me up to date about her, telling me that the neighbors still take her to her previous house and sit on the steps for a while each day. (The new owners of the home are fine with that.) Dalai is now close to 14 (or maybe 15) years old — I’ve sort of lost track. She still goes to Sally, who recently posted the second photo on my FB page after Dalai had been groomed. She’s looking good in her old age! I am sure she still misses her previous owners, but I am forever grateful to the wonderful neighbors who wanted to take her and keep her as their own.
Dalai in her younger years
Dalai - Still a beautiful "old gal"
Kim wrote: "Just wanted to send you another picture of Snickers. The boys took this of him with his favorite toy. He loves this toy and plays with the boys all the time. He carries it and just enjoys it so much. Again we can never thank you enough for the him.  We are so blessed with him and he is very spoiled and loved."


 And I  think we can all agree that
Life is Better When You Have a Lhasa to Love You!

It may be a few weeks before I write again. By then there should be puppy and show news to share. In the meantime, be safe, be happy, and enjoy your July!

Joyce







No comments:

Post a Comment