Friday, September 9, 2016

Welcome September!

 “The first flash of color always excites me as much as the first frail, courageous bloom of spring. This is, in a sense, my season--sometimes warm and, when the wind blows an alert, sometimes cold. But there is a clarity about September. On clear days, the sun seems brighter, the sky more blue, the white clouds take on marvelous shapes; the moon is a wonderful apparition, rising gold, cooling to silver; and the stars are so big. The September storms--the hurricane warnings far away, the sudden gales, the downpour of rain that we have so badly needed here for so long--are exhilarating, and there's a promise that what September starts, October will carry on, catching the torch flung into her hand.” ~ Faith Baldwin


 Show Results

Last weekend Jenna, Greta, Josh, and I traveled north again, this time to Amana, IA, to attend three of the 4-day show weekend. I am very glad we did not enter the fourth day. By the end of the three days, I was exhausted. I think my busy "gone every weekend" August finally caught up with me.

Josh won the breed each day but did not place in the regular groups. On Friday, the club hosted an Owner Handled competition and Josh took first in the OH Non-Sporting Group. I'll post the photo when it arrives.

Greta took Reserve to the major on Friday. The major was won by Monami N Joyslyn Shades of Summer (Misti) owned by LaVonne Bennett and me. That finished Misti's championship so we were really thrilled about that win! 

Saturday Greta and Jenna were both entered in the classes. Why I entered three dogs on one day when I was not sure I would have ringside help I will never know. What chaos! My nervousness went right down the lead and neither of the girls showed well. My fault.

On Sunday, only Jenna was shown. She took reserve to Cinder, Joyslyn MLS Dakota Windy Winter Night Mon Ami, also owned by LaVonne and me. Cinder is Josh's litter sister and Misti's dam. Jenna took Reserve.

Sue Cannimore who handles Joyslyn's Mystic Wind (Mysti) for Ron and Deborah Hauck posted this photo and a note on her Facebook page that Mysti won 4 single points last weekend.



It was a nice weekend for the Joyslyn Lhasas!

The photo of Josh's Group 3 placement at the Saturday show in Marshfield, WI arrived while I was at the Amana shows. I really like this photo of him.

Puppy Pictures

The puppies are now 6 weeks old and getting cuter daily. They are also becoming more active, investigating, and getting into everything. Piddle pads are now considered playthings. They are shaken and used for tugs-of-war. The puppies have not yet discovered that piddle pads can be ripped to shreds. I dread the day one decides to try it! The others will soon join the fun!

Here are the latest pictures of the gang. The three Josh and Luna puppies are six weeks old today (9/9/16).

black and tan female

Male

Male
 The five Duncan and Maggie puppies were 6 weeks old on September 6th.
Female

Female

Female

Male

Male

Notes and Photos from Others

Terri sent a photo of Zeke, who is a son of Josh and Charli and littermate to our Jenna.

Denise sent a photo of Duncan (named for his sire), who is a son of Duncan and Windy and littermate to our Greta. Duncan (Jr.) is pictured below on the left,  chillin' out with his "sister," 9 year old Lily who is also a Joyslyn's Lhasa.

Lisa and Stacey sent a picture of Lola and wrote, "Lola still hates being photographed, but I managed to get this slightly blurry photo. Lola loves everyone she meets and loves playing with her brothers!"






Judy sent no photos but wrote an update on her four Lhasas, Ty and Izzy being the ones she got from us.  "Ty went into the agility ring on Sunday afternoon and jumped the first four jumps, and I told him how wonderful he was and took him out. Next stop will be the agility trial in February in Manhattan, Illinois!  He is signed up for a special class in early October on motivation. We will keep working.

Odie went to a nosework class and he really did well. First they smell birch and next class will be cedar.  This is a great class for older dogs. I will join the national group that offers classes for fun, and not advance to barn hunt. I was really impressed how the smaller dogs 'got it.'  I think Izzy might be good at this.

Iz is working on down/stay for her test in therapy in  two months. She is being stubborn about it.   Rumor is my velcro dog."


National Specialty

The American Lhasa Apso Club's National Specialty week this year is October 24 - 28. The specialty events will be held in Loveland, CO, at the Embassy Suites. Breeders and their Lhasas from across the U.S. and Canada will attend. If you want to be wowed by many Lhasas in lovely show coats, Loveland is the place to be in October. You can find more information about the specialty on the American Lhasa Apso Club - ALAC  Facebook page. 




----------------------------------------------------

 Life is Better When You Have A Lhasa to Love You!

 

Joyce

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Puppies are so cute, especially ours. We have name for her and it is all Irish. My son wishes he had named is new Lab the name I choose. She will have fun playing may my daughter's Lab/Griffon mix puppy. He is older and bigger but I hope they play together well. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete