Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Show Results and Puppy Photos


Hi! This will be quick today because I am getting myself and the dogs ready for another show this weekend. We leave tomorrow! I have nothing packed yet, but at least the two girls have had their baths and are ready to go.

Show Results

Last weekend we were in Marshfield, WI. It was a good weekend. LaVonne's and my bitch Monami 'N Joyslyn Shades of Summer (Misti) took Winners Bitch both days, earning her a 4 point and a 3 point major. Added to her previous points, now she needs only 2 single points to earn her championship. She was just a couple days over a year old at these shows. Here are photos of LaVonne and Misti with her ribbons and prizes.


I showed Jenna and she took second place in her 6-9 puppy class on Saturday. She showed very well. The next day she took second again but I was disappointed because she did not carry her tail up, which is so unusual for her. I don't know what got into her, but it was not a good day according to her.

Josh had a great weekend. He took Best of Breed and Best Owner Handled in Breed both days. In Saturday's Owner Handled Group, he took 4th place, then went on to the regular Group and took 3rd place. On Sunday, he took Owner Handled Group 1.

We had rainy weather and lots of wet grass, mud, and puddles at the fairgrounds on Saturday. Josh nearly gave me heart failure because when I let him out of his crate so I could pick him up and carry him across the way to the building where the show rings were, he got away from me and ran out open garage door of the grooming building -- straight through the mud and wet grass! It was bad enough that he ran into a fairgrounds road that could have had vehicles moving on it, but the MUD!!! I finally got him to stop, stand still, and let me pick him up. Do not ask me how I managed to get the wet mud off his feet and his coat clean and dry in the 15 minutes I had allowed myself before going to the ring. Somehow (a miracle??), I got him cleaned up.

I'll post Josh's Group 3 and Group 1 photos when I get them.

Congratulations also goes to the Haucks. Their Joyslyn's Mystic Wind (Mysti) earned a point with her handler Sue Cannimore. Here is a photo Sue posted on her FB page.

 Mysti is a full sister to Greta.

Puppy Pictures

Maggie's puppies were 4 weeks old yesterday. Luna's will be 4 weeks in 2 days.

Here are the latest photos of Duncan and Maggie's Five:
The twin girls

The  third female
Male

Male

And here are Josh and Luna's Three:

Male

Black and tan with white stockings - female

Male

Notes from Others

From Joe about Abby: "Every day is something new. Today she somehow climbed atop the refrigerator which was mindboggling. Afraid of rain and thunder and will not go up my carpeted and closed stairs. Exactly the way she was with you. And, you must hold her horizontally, never vertically!"



From Judy about Ty and Izzy: "I hope you have a wonderful birthday today. With all of those puppies you can't miss! Izzy has taken 2 of the 4 classes so we are on our way to becoming a therapy dog. We should try for the canine good citizen award also. She still doesn't have a good down, so we can't pass yet. There are 2 other Lhasas in the class so she wants a meet and greet! Ty is scheduled for a trial in several weeks...4 obstacles and we will be finished.  I think that is a very safe start."

From Kristi about Duncan, who now has a new name: "Just a quick update. He has fully integrated into our routine. At first when I left the room we were in, the 2 boys were on my heels. He stayed back a bit but was curious and has to follow at a distance. Now I get up he is the first one at my heels. It has been a truly remarkable experience watching him come into his own here.  His favorite is Vader. They are like two peas in a pod. Which I think helped him the most because Vader is such a mommy boy. I have even started to get kisses from him which just melts my heart. I know he will always be your Duncan, but here he is our Kenobi...It has worked out wonderfully adding him to our home and his personality truly embodies Obi Wan Kenobi."

I think we can all agree that

Life is Better When You Have a Lhasa to Love You!


Joyce

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment