This week's post is brief—mostly because not much is going on at our house, and that might be a good thing!
So here are some highlights:
1) The rain continues, causing flooding in many areas of Illinois. A co-worker and I have to go to a meeting in southern Illinois tomorrow and we're wondering if roads and bridges will be closed. Right now, many of them are! At the end of this post is a photo my friend took of her house, threatened by water after a levy on the river broke. What is under the water is a road and cornfields. My friend lives on a hill so the water did not reach their house. Even so, she got to have a "house on a lake" for quite a few days!
2) A power outage caused problems at Macomb's water plant last night. We received a robocall from the city about 5:00 this AM telling us the town is under another boil order and that there is a water shortage, so we are to limit our water use.
3) Mira has not yet had her puppies. I have everything ready, so now we wait! I have been diligently taking her temperature, hoping to get some advanced warning that way so I can either stay home from work or, more likely, stay up all night delivering puppies. My hope is that she will wait until the middle of next week before she whelps. It would certainly fix better into my schedule!
4) Rafe and Windy are entered in a show this weekend. I hope the water shortage will have ended before they have to be bathed on Saturday.
5) Mary, who owns Rafe's brother, Gabe, sent me a photo and an email saying, "On April 28th, it will
|Gabe "hiding" behind the chair|
6) Best news, exciting news—my daughter is getting married in July. She lives in Miami, so we'll be trekking there for the festivities.
7) And, in case you did not already know it—Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!