Thursday, July 25, 2013

"My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go...."


...NOT!

The dogs are bathed, dry, and looking good. Their bags are packed and ready for the show. Mine, however, are not. I do have a list though and a couple hours before I need to have the luggage packed and the car loaded. All I can say about procrastinating last night is that the novel was more interesting than I thought packing would be.

We are headed to the Waukesha shows. What will be different this year is the weather. Usually, as I wrote before, the temps are beastly high and the humidity is too. This year, according to the Weather Channel's website, the temps will be in the low 70's during the day and close to 50 at night. I'm taking a jacket!  Except for the rain/thunderstorm forecast on Friday, it should be lovely weather for showing dogs outside.

Well, the boys have gone to their new homes. Lila doesn't seem to care. She did not fuss when moved to her own crate. She plays with Duncan and manages to get under my feet wherever I walk -- the little dickens. For some reason she must think it is fun to live dangerously!

I've heard from the boys' new owners. Cindy wrote, "Jethro is settling in and getting acclimated...I thought we would have a quiet week and get a schedule worked out but there is nothing like a puppy to draw people and they all came with toys and treats.  Jethro loved everyone and all the toys!  He is really quick and so smart... Right now we are a household of two word sentences, go potty, no bite, no chew, lots of good boy, and kennel up.  He is doing really well with the potty training, really well... We visited the Contented Canines and signed up for beginning obedience starting in August.  I think those are mostly for the humans!..."

Laurie wrote this about Hunter, "...Every day the dogs get better together. Hunter is playing with both adults now. He's starting to hold his own.  Zora looked happy when I told him to cut it out this evening.  For once she did not get blamed.   She liked the one on one time while grooming her last night.  Tonight Zeus gets a turn.  Tomorrow is Hunter vet time.  On walks people in the neighborhood admire all the dogs, especially that cute little puppy.  Consider them your Chicago goodwill ambassadors..." 

Oliver - what a cutie!
And, I received a nice email from Ellen about Oliver, "Just thought I would send you an updated picture of Oliver. He has been so much fun this past year! He kisses more than any dog I've ever known. And he's got the true Lhasa stubbornness. I think I may take him back to school to refreshen what he learned last year. He's quite the barker, too! All in all, he's been such a wonderful addition!..."

That's it for pictures and updates this week. Wish us luck at the show! Sunday will be Duncan's first show. His brother Jimmy's first show is tomorrow. I'm so excited to see them in the ring. They are both lovely Lhasas.

For now...I probably should start packing my bags soon.

Life is better when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment