Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Show Results and Puppy Pictures

Noah, 5 weeks
"How was the show?" my co-workers asked when they saw me on Tuesday. "Well," I said, "we were there."

The word for our four days of shows in Bloomington was "consistent." Maggie showed very well but ended up taking second in the Bred By Exhibitor class each day. On Saturday, she took Reserve and that was it for her. Of the three, and on one day, four, bitches entered in Bred By, she was the consistent one. For three of the four days she was second to a different bitch each day. As I said, "consistent"—and disappointing, as well. But, that's a dog show. Everyone who enters wants to win. Some do. Most don't.

Rainy, 5 weeks
Rafe made his debut on Sunday, and I was very proud of him. He was the only puppy, so the blue ribbon was automatically his. Two adult males were entered. On Sunday Rafe also took Reserve Winners Dog. Monday he showed better than he did Sunday, but that was it.

I was glad to have helping hands on Sunday and Monday since I had two dogs to show on those days. My Shiba friends, Jane and Rebecca, on whom I rely so much to help me did not enter those days. However, I was rescued by visitors from Chicago on Sunday. Laurie and her daughter, Katie, who own Zeus and Zora (a sister to Rafe), drove to Bloomington to visit with me and to give Katie a chance to see what Rally was all about. Katie helped me with ringside tables, and Laurie held Maggie for me while Rafe was in the ring and Rafe for me while Maggie had her turn. We were also visited by Gus and Sherri, who will be the proud owners of the black female (whom I call Rainy) from this new litter.

Boomer, 5 weeks
On Monday, Nolan and Donna, friends from Bloomington, showed up unexpectedly and just in time to lend a hand at ringside. It turns out that Maggie is not happy when I go into the ring with another dog and leave her with a stranger!

Cooper, 5 weeks
So, that's what happened at the dog show. Jan, Karen, and I had a good time in spite of our disappointments (although Jan's bitch did win one of the majors, so the weekend was not quite as disappointing for her). Rafe was a handful in the hotel room, reminding me again of his father, Walker, who always pitched a fit in the hotel. They are both a couple of momma babies! I'd hoped never again to have to go through that! (Lucky me!) Profuse apologies again to Jan and Karen – and many thanks to them for their patience with the little dickens!

Flash, 5 weeks
The puppies are now 5 weeks old. After being away from them for 4 days, I definitely noticed a difference in them upon my return. They'd grown! They'd become more active – and cuter! Their coats are now starting to fluff out a bit, and we'll see even more of that in the next few weeks. The next big step is weaning them. Let the fun begin! Mira is going to be so happy.

The pictures are of the puppies at age 5 weeks. The videos are a little blurry, and I apologize for that. In their original, less-blurry, form they were too large to post.


Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce


 



1 comment: