Friday, March 2, 2012

Catching Up


Today is the birthday of one of my favorite authors – Dr. Seuss! What would childhood be without him? Last night Klara and I read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: "From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere."

Sincere apologies for not posting for a couple of weeks! The reasons sound like excuses, so I'll not give any.

So here is sort of a run down on a couple of  things you might be wondering about:

1) Yes, we still have the two boys (Rafe and Gabe) available. We have not even taken pictures since the last time I posted. Yes, that is really unusual for us!
2) Belle is still available – and so is Dancer now that her puppies are totally weaned and on their own. She had such a hard time during her labor and delivery that I promised her "never again." 

I'm headed for a dog show this weekend. Everything is packed and ready to toss into the car as soon as I get off work. This time only Maggie is going. It is the first time she has been to a show by herself (i.e., without either Raven or Belle to travel with us). I won't know what to do with myself, having only one dog to groom and show. Maybe it'll seem like a vacation! LOL…

Finally, a couple suggestions about favorite products: A new favorite product of mine is Nature's Specialties Plum Crazy Tearless Foaming Face Wash. It smells great and is easy to use. You just pump the dispenser and out comes a cleansing foam that you apply to the dog's face. I work the foam in well, adding more as needed. Then I use a washcloth to blot and/or work the foam in more, and to soak up dirt and odor. The result is a clean mustache and much fresher smelling face! If you can't find the Nature's Specialties product (check online for distributors), you might look in the shampoo aisle at your favorite store for Tresemme's Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. (I don't think it is tearless though.) Nature's Specialties also has a waterless shampoo that works quite well. My waterless shampoo favorite by far, however, remains the Kenic Dry Pet Shampoo Waterless Cleanser.

Speaking again of Dr. Seuss and One Fish, Two Fish....: "Brush, brush, brush, brush. Comb, comb, comb, comb. All girls who like to brush and comb, should have a pet like this at home." I think he was talking about Lhasa Apsos!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." Thanks, Dr. Seuss, for so many memorable books.

Give your Lhasa a big hug and kiss, and be glad you have each other.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you.

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment