Monday, December 6, 2010

Show Results

Zach and I were at the 3-day shows in Belleville, Illinois, this weekend. Although we returned home at a decent time last night, I spent the time unpacking so had neither time nor energy available for taking the weekly pictures of the puppies. We have some Christmas program going on tonight which will take forever (can you tell I'm thrilled to be going?) so don't plan on pictures being posted until Wednesday.

Oh, and while I am on the subject of pictures, you need to know that you will no longer be seeing Dancer's cream puppy in the photos. Many told me she really caught their eye. She caught mine too. She is no longer available, so will not be among the puppies pictured weekly.

Back to the topic of this blog: the show results. Due to my inability to walk evenly, to walk at a decent pace, to walk gracefully in this surgical boot, or to kneel down (and then get back up without falling over), I asked my friend Jane if she would show Zach for me at these shows. Thankfully, she agreed! She did a great job with him, verified by the fact that he won two out of the three days, picking up the two majors he needed to finish his championship! We can now add Ch. Joyslyn MLS Dakota Playboy at Heart to our list of champions.

Zach was a year old on November 13. Sadly, we haven't taken any pictures of him since he was 10 months old. However, when his show photos arrive in a couple of weeks, I'll post them for you to see. In the meantime, here are two baby pictures as well as two taken at 10 months.
Zach. 11 weeks.


Zach. Profile at 11 weeks.

Zach. 10 months.




Zach. Profile 10 months.


Zach's co-breeder and owner of Zach's sire is my friend Marsha Susag (that is where the MLS Dakota part of his name came from). Many thanks to Marsha for letting me breed Secret to her champion Twist to get such a nice dog as Zach. I must include Desi in that thanks also because she is a wonderful girl who could easily have been a champion herself if only she would not have insisted on chewing her coat. She had beautiful structure and movement, wonderful coat texture, a really nice bite, and a showy attitude that would have taken her far. Desi, now known as Daisy, has been delighting her new owners with her exploits. I assume the other four puppies from that breeding (Tornado, Ziggi, Ivy, and Snoopy) are blessing their owners' lives as well.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you!

Joyce

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Zach. Hope you continue to become more mobile as your foot heels.

    Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Zach! I hope you will give us a peek at the cream cutie as she grows up...Just so curious what color she will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that she would be the same color as Dancer. Although Dancer started out as a puppy a color similar to the gold female, she lightened up to almost a white, certainly a very light "cream."

    ReplyDelete