Friday, July 23, 2010

It Seems Like Such a Long Time




It is truly a sign of my boring life that I can't even think of anything to write about! Sorry for not posting anything for a while, but there you have it. My life lately has been dull.

As the weekend arrives (at last), I'm already looking forward to the next one. It seems like AGES since I've been to a dog show and, although I've appreciated having four entire weekends at home, I admit to being bored and ready to head off to a show next weekend.

Belle, Walker, and I are headed to Waukesha for the only outdoor dog show I ever go to. I really dislike outdoor shows (too hot, too windy, too wet -- grass that is often brittle and pokey from too much heat or too soggy from rain) but this show has become a tradition. I've been practicing showing Belle in the grass at home. She sees it as a challenge and hops through it. Given her small stature and weight (9 lbs. 11 oz. when I took her to the vet last week for her Rabies shot!) she may just disappear in the grass. My hope is that the club will trim the grass very short!

One recent weekend highlight was that Lynn and I actually got away from the TV and went to see a movie last weekend. When it was all said and done, my excitement was not about the movie itself but about an upcoming movie about Secretariat for which there was a preview. I love movies about horses and even the preview had me tearing up. That horse was totally awesome! I recall his triple crown win and can't wait to see the movie about him. Oh, and the preview for the new Harry Potter looked great too!

Okay, I need to sign off before you are all bored to tears. Time to go kiss a Lhasa.

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you! How can I complain about being bored when my "kids" keep me entertained?

Joyce

Oh--The dog at the top of the page is Ch. Sinka Sirronna Khan. We purchased her in the late 1970's as a champion. Soni, as we called her, and Rocky (Ch. Joyslyn's Piece of the Rock) gave us some lovely puppies, among them my very special Ch. Joyslyn's Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment