Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Preparations!

My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer. We're headed to the Bloomington show this weekend, so tonight is set aside for grooming, grooming, grooming. I also have to make liver bait. The house is going to smell yucky to everyone but the dogs! Liver and garlic….not my idea of an enticing aroma!

The Lhasa entry in Bloomington is a GREAT one! There are major points in dogs the first three days and in bitches all four days.

Tomorrow involves an afternoon drive to Bloomington to meet friends from WI and to nab a grooming space for 6 of us. Then home again to bathe and blow dry the two puppies and Belle. Walker's bath is scheduled for Friday night.

I entered Zach and Belle on Friday. Desi is going along for the ride. Saturday is the big, busy day because Zach, Desi, Belle, and Walker are all entered that day. Thank goodness for friends who have offered to help me at ringside! Desi, Belle, and Walker are entered Sunday and Monday. Zach will stay home Sunday so there is room in the car to take Alvin back to Karen. He is going to be so happy to see her again! Before he leaves I want to get a picture of him and Dancer together. They look so much alike that they could be littermates, so it's easy to predict what their puppies will look like.

Walker will be competing for the first time since a February show in Des Moines. He loves to go to shows, and now that AKC is offering Grand Championship points, I decided to enter him. Otherwise, what is the use of grooming his coat every week? Besides, after showing the 2 six month old puppies for the first time and then taking recalcitrant Belle into the ring, I think I deserve to show a dog I can rely on to sail around the ring like the multiple group winning champion he is!

I'll let you know how it goes. The weather is supposed to be dry (what a miracle) and sunny, with temps in the low 80's. I hope that forecast holds.

And, while we are on the topic of dog shows, here is a link to a great article you just have to read (you may have to copy and paste this URL into your browser): http://humanewatch.org/index.php/site/post/what_i_learned_at_the_dog_show/

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you.

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Belle!! and the two pups :D BTW Tashi has decided not to walk again...a lhasa's prerogative I guess!! I love him!

    ReplyDelete