Thursday, February 18, 2010

Will Winter Ever End?











"February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March."
- Dr. J. R. Stockton

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant."
- Anne Bradstreet


Aren't you all just tired of this weather? Someone emailed and asked how I was doing, and I responded that I felt as if I were just going through the motions of living, doing what needs to be done, and waiting, waiting, waiting…for warm weather, sunny days, flowers and trees budding. The only thing really good about February is that it is short! Even the idea of "March," knowing that it often brings blizzards and chilly winds, seems to lighten my heart because March brings April that much closer.

And… in a few months we'll all be complaining about how darn hot it is!

In the meantime, Zeke, Zach, and Desi are all doing well—eating, growing, loving chew bones and stuffed toys. I've decided on registered names for the two I am keeping. Desi will be Joyslyn MLS Dakota Heart's Desire and Zach will be Joyslyn MLS Dakota Playboy at Heart. I'll leave it to Zeke's new owner, whoever he/she will eventually be, to officially name him.

I'm off to a show in Des Moines, Iowa, tomorrow. What amazes me is that there is actually (for this show and this time of year) a nice Lhasa entry—0-5-2-0. (Translated for those who do not show: no class males, 5 class females, two male specials, and no female specials.) I am taking Walker and Belle. (Will she walk?? Pray for us! I don't care if she wins. I just want her to show!) Next month Mira and Belle are entered in shows in Belleville, IL.

In a previous email, I referred to shampooing the puppies before evaluating them so I thought I'd show you some pictures of Zach when he was wet, to give you an idea of what is under the coat.
So, the picture of the wet dog at the top of the page is Zach, bless his heart!

I hope you all stay warm and cozy…and that the rest of February zooms by so we are that much closer to spring!

Life is good when you have a Lhasa to love you (and to cuddle with you on these cold winter nights – and days!)

Joyce

1 comment: